Wednesday, January 13, 2010

here's to the nights we felt alive

Having just gotten in the real-world swing of the full-time work life, I have gone through a major transition in my life. No more college. No more classes. It is all work now, and the working world makes college look like a complete breeze. Though I will say I still look forward to making more great memories with my incredible friends and family, who God has truly blessed me with.

Looking back, college did provide me with incredible memories--some of which I will never forget. Those years really are some of the best years. From UTC to UT, I look back on all the parties and football games that made my college experience so unforgettable. It is so interesting, as we are taught so much within a classroom realm, but seem to take away so much more from the life experiences we have during those four plus years. The friends. The good times. The love.

Clarifying, a college education does do a lot for someone in a lot of ways. It definitely is a supplemental relationship between the studious side of college and the social life that builds a collegian's experience.

Reminiscing, I can't help but feel a touch of nostalgia for those nights with the Knoxville and even Chattanooga crowd that made the night feel so alive. Those memories that make you smile when you remember, or recall a story or even relive for a small moment in time, are the very thing that make you who you are and your life what it is. I wouldn't trade mine for the world. So here friends, is to the nights that we felt alive and, yes, tomorrow will come too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment