Friday, January 20, 2012

Transitions

Life is a never ending cycle of development: always living, learning and finding new sides of us that make ourselves uniquely us. I find that as I age, my respect for myself and those close to me grows exponentially. Good friends last forever, and those people have proven themselves time and time again as loyal individuals that I can always count on. Thick and thin.

I have lived in Nashville for over three years now. I had such a drive to get here when I was in Knoxville, a town I once loved and sought to get to. I find myself noticing a cycle; a cycle that always takes me to the next step in my life. Life always seems to have some way of showing us where we are to go and when our time is to do so.

My last few months in Chattanooga, I spent most of time in Knoxville or trying to find ways to relocate there faster. I loved my two years at UTC. My frat, my first romantic interest that was male, my first time experiencing so much in life. I have so much to remember, so much to hold dear. With all of the memories and good times, I knew that it was my time to move on with my life.

When I got to Knoxville, I was overly comfortable with the idea of being gay and open with it for the first time. Comically, I found the nastiest of bars intriguing, as it was new to me to go out and mingle with other gay men. Nasty run down clubs that I completely overlooked in excitement of having a place to go. My years at UT were some of my most memorable. I made great lifelong friends, developed myself greatly, made some many collegiate memories and I fell in love for the first time. Like Chattanooga, life eventually showed me the way to the door, and I closed the chapter of my life entitled "Knoxville" and opened the next here in Music City.

Nashville brought me my career, owning my first home and the realities associated with the real world. Bills, bills, bills. I had the awesome opportunity to own a home with my two best friends. Im really glad I got to experience this with them. I have enjoyed my time here. Im grateful for my friends, and the memories that I have made here. Great friends, romantic flings gone so-so, and some very wrong. I forgive all, and ask for forgiveness in return.

I can feel the transition coming again. Im finally going to move to the city that I have been dreaming of living in for the longest time. I hope to be in New York City by Sept. 2012. The excitement is overwheling. I just pray to the lord that he continues to guide me to where I am supposed to be. It is now that I am trying to appreciate the time that I have here. This chapter of my life has a near end, and I am eager to begin the next; to continue to live, learn and love, after all, thats what living is.

No comments:

Post a Comment