Saturday, June 26, 2010

"jimmy goes hungry fund"

I have been trying to commit myself to eating out only a couple of times a week in an effort to save money. Owning a home is far more expensive than I previously projected and "old faithful" piece of shit car has a new issue every other month. So, I am attempting to be a responsible adult and,thus far, it hasn't been working out so well. I actually sat down and attempted to figure out exactly how much I am spending on a WEEKLY basis on eating out on lunchbreak alone, and came to a depressing estimate of nearly 20 dollars a day on LUNCH, which is completely ridiculous.

I am happy to report that I am making baby steps into this adulthood thing and am eating tv dinners for breakfast, lunch and dinner. So yes, that means my car isn't going to be making that horrifying, loud shifting noise much longer, and yes that new roof I just replaced was expensive as hell (feel free to make donations to the "jimmy goes hungry fund"---beer and home-cooked meals gladly accepted).

2 comments:

  1. Looks like that Jag is going to have to wait a few more years...

    And please, please, please don't eat too many tv dinners! Sodiuuuuum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tough getting out of the eating out routine but it's cheaper and healthier to eat in. I bet you'll even find some good new recipes. I like sites that have recipes with only 4 or 5 ingredients. Those really help :) Good luck Jimmy! PS- your picture is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete