Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Touch of Frost

For as long as I can remember, I have kept people at arm's length---in several senses.

I have always had a problem with trusting people, because in reality everyone fucks up. No one is perfect and everyone is going to let you down at some point. It doesn't mean that they don't care about you. I used to kick people to the curve for no real reason. Thinking you are too good is a shitty outlook to have, so if you have that mentality, you should change it.

I used to be a jerk. I never really cared for people that I dated. I mean don't get me wrong, I never cheated on anyone or pulled anything like that, but I never really allowed myself to care for people.

I feel like a lot of people live life with a cold heart, and I can speak from experience. It isn't worth it. Sure someone that was close to you might have betrayed you and jaded you, but you have to wake up--its happened to everyone.

The past 6 months have changed me in a lot of ways. I fell in love, and fell quite hard. It started out incredible, and still is after 7 months. Sure there are ups and downs, but everyone has them. (Those little bullshit fights are called " actually caring about someone")

This feeling has really changed my outlook on life, and I couldn't imagine going through life without it. I look back on past relationships and really see the significant difference in having something with someone you care about and haven had something with someone you don't.

This has taught me the necessity of complete and utter honesty, even if that means hurting someone's feelings. This has taught me what I want in myself, and in others and has made me a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment