Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Knoxville

I always find myself blogging at the early hours of the morning. I suppose it is the time of night that I have nothing to do but sit and think about things..

I moved to Knoxville at the end of my sophomore year in the early months of that summer. I can remember exactly how excited I was to escape the confinements that I had managed to lock myself into in Chattanooga. Here in Knoxville, I could be myself and live however I wanted without any kind of social backlash. I didn't have to be a closeted frat guy anymore. I could just be me.

I have made incredible friends with so many people here in Knoxville. So many of them aren't here anymore and have moved on to bigger and better things. Some moved to Nashville, others to Washington D.C., and one even finally made it to New York City (haha.. which is good, because he talked about it nonstop :) ). I consider all of you to be lifelong, and I feel so privileged to have you all in my life.

I have found love in the romantic sense here, an experience that has allowed me to grow in ways that I didn't know I could.

I have seen peoples lives change for the better and for the worse; some in devastating ways.

I know that Knoxville will soon be a part of my past, but this town will always be a major landmark in my life. I will look back with a sense of nostalgia and remember the incredible times that were had and the incredible people I met.

I suppose coming and going is part of the never-ending cycle of life. Sadly, It is time to close the chapter of my life entitled "Knoxville". Though, the characters who I met here will always be in my heart and in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment